All About IT Sales Recruitment

IT Sales Recruitment Professional

Recruitment is a job of human resources that requires a lot of time and effort to get the job done properly. And it is because of this that most companies, especially those that have less than 500 employees, opt to outsource the hiring to professional hiring firms. In the IT sector, the case for outsourcing hiring is especially strong in IT sales recruitment.

How To Hire IT Sales Recruitment Professional?

If you search for IT sales recruitment online, you will see that there are many companies out there that specialize in vetting different people for different IT sales positions. While we don’t know how much they charge their client they send, we do know that IT companies are better off because of them. Why? Because let’s face it, most guys in the IT sector are bad at selling themselves and their products.

If you own an IT company with a great product or service to sell,the first thing you need to do is to hire a salesperson to market to your potential clients. Sure, you can do the marketing yourself, however, based on statistics, a one-man team needs to spend at least 80% of his time marketing, leaving the 20% to the other aspects of your business. If you are not comfortable with this setup, do yourself a favor and hire a salesperson to do the job.

But not just any salesperson, you need to hire someone or a team with members who are already in the financial sector selling different products and services. We’re talking about frontline salespeople who do client calls, a sales manager who manages the front liners, and a sales director who directs the overall sales strategy.

Unfortunately, the best people for IT sales recruitment are already taken, and they are not the kind of people who will answer to an ad on Craigslist. However, there is relief in the fact that these people are willing to move if they are enticed by a recruitment company to join your team.

As we said earlier, there are many companies out there that specialize in IT sales recruitment. The first thing you need to do is to find one in your local area. Really, there’s nothing like meeting someone face-to-face to get your message across. But don’t stop at one company. Make sure to sit down with at least three companies.

What you want to do is sit with their representatives in consultation so you will know what each company’s success rate is, how long they have been in business, and how many people there are in their database. Once you know which company to hire, that’s the only time you should ask about their rates.

When do you need to hire a recruitment firm? These are the cases when you absolutely need to:

* You do not have the time to do the recruitment yourself,

* You have trouble filling up the position,

* You have a high turnover rate in your sales department, and

* You have posted an ad for the position but nobody’s responding.